Episode 33: March 29, 2016
Data Analytics has been one of the most important and fastest-growing sectors of business, and the combination of data analytics and journalism has become increasingly popular as well. Walter Hickey is the Chief Culture Writer for FiveThirtyEight.com, a website that uses data and statistics to talk about the world. In this episode, we discuss how journalists are using data to help us understand the world around us..
- What FiveThirtyEight does and how they make numbers compelling
- How to make data “cool” with important data vs interesting data
- How they go about doing data visualization at FiveThirtyEight
- Where the intersection of math and journalism happens
- How Walter started doing statistical journalism