Episode 28: February 23, 2016
Big Data has been the hot topic in business for the past few years. Businesses and organizations are hiring people with experience in data management more than ever, and business schools are adding programs in data and analytics to get ahead of the curve. Dr. Hector Guerrero is a professor of Operations and Information Technology at William & Mary’s Raymond A. Mason School of Business. We chat with him today about what Big Data means, how it got started, and why it’s the future.
- What is big data?
- The history of big data, where it started
- The kinds of software you can use, including Excel
- How programs in MBAs now focus on business analytics
- What kinds of people might be interested in big data
- How big data is changing business