Episode 37: April 26, 2016
Alan B. Miller is one of the most successful leaders in all of business. He founded Universal Health Services (UHS) in 1978, one of the largest hospital management companies in the nation. In this episode, we talk about how he learned about leadership, from his high school basketball team to the U.S. Army.
- How leadership is innate
- Some of the lessons on leadership that he learned from the military
- Why trust is so important
- What gets him excited about leading his company
- The obstacles for healthcare in America going forward
- Why leading by example is the best way