Episode 101: December 28, 2017
As the new year begins, you might spend some time creating lists – lists that include resolutions, goals, and maybe good books to read. That’s where this week’s podcast comes in. As 2018 kicks off, we spoke to some professors and professional staff members at William & Mary’s School of Business and asked them to recommend a book for you and other professionals to read in the new year – a book that can help you in your career. We spoke with three professors, the Head of our Graduate Career Management Center, and the Executive Director of our Executive Partners and compiled a list of six books we think you’ll find interesting and helpful in the year ahead.
- “Gifts of Athena: Historical Origins of the Knowledge Economy” by Joel Mokyr
- “Language and the Pursuit of Leadership Excellence: How Extraordinary Leaders Build Relationships, Shape Culture and Drive Breakthrough Results” by Chalmers Brothers & Vinay Kumar
- “Extreme Ownership: How US Navy SEALS Lead and Win” by Willink & Babbin
- “Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well Lived, Joyful Life” by Burnett and Evans
- “Influence” by Robert Cialdini
- “Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences” by Nancy Duarte